Global Head Of Operations Merchant Services
Lagos, Nigeria Remote
The Global Head of Operations, Merchant Services is a very critical role at TradeDepot; it requires such a degree of talent, guts, and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of TradeDepot's Merchant Services operations, this proven executor is responsible for the development and growth of our business in the major cities within the different countries in which we operate.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will spearhead rolling out financial services at scale and driving digital platform development, for TradeDepot’s rapidly growing customer base. You will also be responsible for:
- Work with TradeDepot’s Launch team to launch ShopTopUp (our B2B eCommerce and Inventory Finance platform) in different cities across Africa.
- Develop short & long-term operational strategy (incl. Field & Digital) for the Merchant Services division.
- Establish and implement short and long-term operational goals, processes, and procedures.
- Build and motivate a strong results-driven operational team of regional managers in all cities where we operate.
- Provide guidance and incentives where necessary to ensure operations targets are consistently met.
- Own and manage the performance of team employees and direct reports.
- Plan, manage, and report on resources deployed to Merchant Services operations and be accountable for use.
- Build and establish working procedures for entire operations of Merchant Services, across all product types, channels, and customer touchpoints.
- Work with other teams incl. Merchant Services, and the wider TD organization to deliver on key objectives.
- Ensure compliance with set operating procedures by team members.
- Establish, achieve and report on performance and milestones to Management and Executive Teams.
How Important are you to the bottomline?
Your mastery of the role determines the growth and efficiency of Tradedepot’s merchant services division and how it solves problems for Tradedepot’s customers.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
You will be an operations “mastermind” as you have to review and develop operational strategies that guarantee long and short term success while ensuring that operational targets are being met.
What you need to have done in your career?
- 6+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing, or operations management experience.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a *get shit done* attitude
- Relevant experience in financial services or lending operations is helpful
- An understanding of key technologies used to drive the adoption of financial services is a bonus
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger.
What do you stand to gain?
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. They’re not just another social web app, They’re moving products and assets for real people and reinventing B2B distribution, logistics and micro-lending globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Retail Distribution Made Simple