Senior Product Manager
Our client, an industry leader in designing customized technology solutions for players in the healthcare sector is looking to hire a product manager who will oversee the development and management of products in his/her portfolio. The Product Manager will ensure that the right products are built on time in line with Helium Health’s objectives. The Product Manager will support the software and engineering team by providing clarity on what needs to be built upon market validation. The product manager will work with the UX team to create the best user experience.
You will provide leadership and motivation for the development team and collaborate with cross-functional teams including:
Engineering, New Business Development, Programs and Impact, Customers, End Users, UX designers, Quality Assurance.
The Product Manager also performs a variety of project-related technical tasks as directed by the Senior Manager, Product Management.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your success on this role hinges on your ability to work with different teams while also guiding and leading the development team. You should be able to communicate product vision to both technical and non-technical teams. You’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Make informed, data-driven decisions through customer and market insights, product and business-critical metrics, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives.
- Build the product story by understanding the landscape and Helium Health’s business goals
- Lead the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, Marketing, and Sales counterparts.
- Define and lead a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap.
- Lead initiatives within the team and domain.
- Determine the right methods and processes for new projects.
- Improve efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm; consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when making meaningful decisions.
Advise and enable teams across Helium Health; represent Helium Health as a product and domain specialist in front of Industry Analysts, customers, industry events/conferences, and other events
How Important are you to the bottom line?
Ownership of this role directly affects the quality of solutions Helium health provides to key players in the health sector and their ability to provide healthcare and other related services to the underserved.
You’re also pivotal to the running of the development team as your mastery of the role determines their level of efficiency.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
This role poses the challenge of defining software solutions that is targeted at fulfilling multiple tasks for different categories of users.
You also have to be able to seamlessly weave between cross-functional teams in order to build software solutions with a growth mindset while being able to communicate product vision to non-technical stakeholders.
What you need to have done in your career?
- At least 6-10 years experience in technical product management Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technically with a passion for design and usability.
- Ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, while working closely with partners from across the entire organization and with developers.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on daring timelines.
- Capability to identify technical impacts, recommend best-practice and/or alternate approaches, and provide timeline estimates.
- An ability to articulate development status and challenges to both technical and non- technical audiences.
- Strong written communication skills.
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical field.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- The exciting prospect of developing solutions that increases the quality of healthcare in Nigeria.
- Working in an environment where creativity and innovation thrives.
- competitive remuneration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.