African Management Institute
AMI is a pan-African entrepreneurial social business that empowers African entrepreneurs, job seekers and managers through practical and accessible learning and development tools. We have developed Africa’s first online social learning platform (web and mobile), and combine cutting-edge technology, world-class content, in-person workshops and innovative coaching and feedback tools. We have reached over 20,000 individuals and are already working with dozens of organisations in East and Southern Africa including businesses, investment funds, business associations and NGOs.
AMI is expanding rapidly and is looking for facilitators to join our team in Rwanda as we expand our management and entrepreneur training offering in the country.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented Programme Manager to adapt our world-class content to meet the needs of our business clients, project-manage client learning programs end-to-end, manage our network of facilitators, and facilitate select client in-person learning sessions.
The Programme Manager will report to the Country Manager Rwanda, and will work in a team of Programme Managers and Associates, and with the learning and business development teams, to support clients in Rwanda and across East Africa. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun in the process. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development
The Programme Manager must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills, and the ability to analyse a business and understand its learning and development needs.
The successful candidate will play four key roles in joining the dots between our world-class content and business clients on the ground:
- S/he will operate as the lead Programme Manager in one of the programs Hanga ahazaza or CRRP and will be responsible for the successful delivery of the project
- The Programme Manager will analyse new business clients to understand their learning and development needs, working with sales managers to design customized programmes and packages, and adapting content to meet specific needs where necessary.
- The Programme Manager will be the lead on client learning programs, liaising with clients to ensure that all logistics are organized for workshops and also act as an AMI’s facilitator for certain in-person workshops, working with the Chief Learning Officer to identify and train new facilitators and to constantly improve and update blended learning processes.
- The Programme Manager will also act as an AMI facilitator for certain in-person workshops and will work with the Chief Learning Officer to identify, train and manage our facilitator network in Rwanda
Business Analysis and Client Support |
- Support business development with sourcing participants for the MasterCard Foundation Hanga Ahazaza project
- Work with the business development team to analyse the learning and development needs of new and potential business clients
- Customise materials, including courses, resources, case studies and activities, as appropriate for key business clients
- Periodic ‘analysis’ of the progress of company programmes and strategies to improve metrics
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
Programme Management |
- Develop and manage programs plans for client learning programs
- Build engagement strategies to build engagement with the participants of the MasterCard Foundation Hanga Ahazaza project and any new clients
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Support the selection of participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer and Learning and Talent Manager to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
- Collect and analyse impact and learning data. Compile impact and client reports
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with the Talent and Learning Manager to identify, select and train new facilitators and to provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling ambitious business across Africa to thrive