We are seeking a creative Communications Manager to oversee our content and media relations. In this role, you will develop communication strategies to engage customers, increase brand trust, and cultivate and maintain positive relationships with media contacts. When negative press issues arise, you must identify the source and create responses to reduce or eliminate the unfavorable publicity.
You will primarily work on strategies in house, but we occasionally collaborate with outside public relations firms on large-scale media campaigns. You will work with others to better understand project expectations, produce content with the needs of the product in mind, participate in the brainstorming process, and conduct research to develop or support writing. You should also be prepared to assist with other creative processes, such as the visual element selection process.
We work in a fast-paced market that occasionally requires quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in consumer preferences.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to make marketing decisions. We are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
- Develop communications strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions
- Manage the content team to produce relevant, compelling social media updates with links to products or promotions
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials
- Maintain excellent relationships with media
- Analyze media coverage; measure and provide reports on each campaign and develop responses when needed
- Organize promotional events, press conferences, tours, visits, and exhibitions
- Create and manage PR budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual media activity reports
- Design and review the content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in communications, PR or a related field
- Experience with creative storytelling, proactive press outreach and building relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Executive level written and visual presentation skills, with effective communication across functional teams
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
Your application has been successfully submitted.