Chief Commercial Officer
About the Company
Lifestores is a company democratizing access to primary healthcare in Nigeria and other frontier markets by transforming pharmacies' role and effectiveness. The company is led by a combination of pharmacists and professionals with experience in general management, consulting, and technology. They are supported by an international network of investors and advisors.
About the Role
They are looking to hire someone who is analytical, well-organized, self-motivated, and commercially savvy. The ideal candidate has strong managerial and project management fundamentals (likely including having worked for a top management consulting or Big 4 accounting firm), client relationship management abilities, and leadership skills. In addition, the ideal candidate has had experience with a fast-growth business in Nigeria, ideally with sales exposure. It is a plus if the person has health-tech experience.
You would lead all aspects of the P&L and growth of OGApharmacy, including strategy, establishment & achievement of targets, market analysis, new service development, oversight of operations & customer service, partnership development, collaboration with our tech team on new feature development, establishment of key processes, and recruitment & motivation of the team. Your focus would be on rapidly growing the number of pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals participating in the OGApharmacy marketplace, as well as increasing the average Gross Merchandise Value (GMV).
You would be collaborating closely with other Lifestores leadership team members to drive the growth of OGApharmacy. You should be comfortable with change, as you would be entering the company at an exciting phase of iterative development based on customer feedback and rapid growth. You should have a hands-on approach since initially you would be carrying out many of the above activities yourself vs. delegating to others.
The ideal candidate for the Chief Commercial Officer role must have:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Completed Master’s degree or MBA (preferred, but not necessary)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong sales & growth background
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work collaboratively with Management
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Ability to identify & drive goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written mediums)
- Mastery of MS Office Suite
- Management Consulting experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Healthcare Industry experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Proven demonstration of the Lifestores values of customer centricity, trustworthiness, humility, continual improvement, and initiative & hard work
Benefits & Compensation
Lifestores offers competitive compensation. Additional benefits include pension contributions, health insurance, access to regular training, and ongoing feedback to boost your skills. You will have ample opportunities to work with and learn directly from world-class operators, including top pharmacists and leaders with backgrounds at Harvard and Stanford Business Schools.
Lifestores thrives on a collaborative, meritocratic working culture. They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Healthier You!