Head Of Credit Risk
Building technology that results in Financial happiness is what Teamapt promises and they have been supporting financial institutions and businesses in attaining financial happiness since 2015.
Financial Happiness might seem vague but it basically means being able to provide banks with technological support needed to create good experiences for their customers and meeting their business needs.
Through their products, they’re helping leading commercial banks in Nigeria remove their pain points when it comes to digital banking solutions.
They’ve built solutions like moneytor, an omnichannel banking solution that allows banks to easily manage their different product and customer categories and monitor their strategy for engaging their customers.
About The Role
TeamApt is looking to hire a Head Of Credit Risk who will work with the credit, operations, credit quality assurance, and loan remediation teams to ensure that credit risk indicators and early warning signs of credit delinquency are monitored proactively and that, recommendations for actions to be taken to ameliorate the situation are made and acted upon.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As Head of Credit risk, you will serve as both a participant and advisory to the organization on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company. You will identify and evaluate threats, and develop alternative courses of actions to avoid, reduce, or transfer risks. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports.
- Manage risk levels for the entire credit spectrum across all member offices consistent within the risk management framework.
- Lead and develop credit risk management capabilities and proactively manage credit risk portfolios daily.
- Lead risk financial forecasting efforts, including designing and maintaining complex credit loss and financial risk forecasting models, conducting cost of credit analyses, and monitoring trends to identify key areas of risk opportunity.
- Collaborate with the development team to build system requirements for all areas of Credit Risk.
- As part of the credit committee of the company, participate in the review of creditworthiness and risks associated with potential business transactions with appropriate tools and models, with a view to providing mitigants to identified risks.
- Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition, measurement, and its reporting as part of the core team for implementation of key credit risk-related projects (e.g. Credit Management System, IFRS 9 impairment).
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You’d serve as the financial crystal ball for the organization, keeping an eye out for financial risks and piloting the framework that help TeamApt Mitigate risk and enable their risk financial forecasting efforts.
The Biggest problem Solving Duties On the Job
You would analyze potential business transactions and give a verdict on the viability of pursuing such business transactions with a view to mitigating risk. You’ll periodically review risk levels within the TeamApt risk management network.
What you need to have done in your career?
- At least 10 years of credit or banking experience, with the bulk of it being in the Credit Risk Management domain.
- A degree in business administration in Finance, Business, Economics, or Mathematics / Statistics.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management principles, Credit analysis and Credit policies.
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
- Possess strong problem solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Able to source data/ perform periodic computations and manage system transitions smoothly.
- Exposure to Limit/ Collateral system implementation/ management preferable .
- People management and relationship skills.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Remuneration
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating financial Services for the underserved