Business Development Manager
“I love paying really high transaction fees” and “I don’t mind the poor customer experience I get from my bank”, said no one ever. Are you one of those people who wonder, “What is the benefit of using my current bank as a business owner beyond just a place to store your money till you need it’. If you ever had any of these thoughts, you are not alone. The founding team at Wallets Africa saw all the inefficiencies in the financial space across Africa and they thought it could be better.
Wallets Africa is now a modern borderless digital banking app for Africa.
Much more than an app, Wallets Africa is building a platform that makes it easier for people - Africans and foreigners - to spend locally across the continent without having to create an account with a local bank.
About The Role
Wallets Africa is currently looking to hire a Business Development Manager to join their team and help bring the great solutions the team is working on to millions of customers across Africa. As the ideal candidate, you have experience building and running sales operations in a financial services firm, preferably a bank. More importantly, you have had experience building and selling a card product to consumers and businesses in Nigeria.
What should you have done?
- You have between 5-7 years of experience in building and selling card products in a financial services company, a consumer-focused company, or a fintech firm.
- You have experience understanding consumer and B2B markets, MSME product and service expertise, and developing business with a variety of actors.
- You have the ability to take ownership, drive business on the ground. Persistent in completing what needs to get done and driving relationships.
- You are able to build relationships and educate a market segment on the benefits of Wallets Africa products.
- You are comfortable working fairly autonomously and occasionally virtually collaborating with colleagues.
What you will get
- A great opportunity on the ground floor of a Fintech startup
- A competitive salary, performance-based bonus, ownership
- a chance to disrupt the financial services sector
Your application has been successfully submitted.