Junior Backend Software Engineer
Thinking about how to turn your content into Money and you get Makrwatch . Makrwatch is on a mission to create financial opportunities for hundreds of thousands of content creators around the world, regardless of their location.
Through their engineering teams, Makrwatch develops next-generation solutions that improve how brands discover, evaluate, and collaborate with YouTube creators. Their products handle massive amounts of information and process video, audio and text to discover insights and patterns that help brands understand their audience and how creators can interact better with them.
About the Role
Makrwatch is looking to hire a Junior Backend Software Engineer. As a senior software engineer, you work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help them achieve results that traditionally required large teams.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should have strong backend experience developing complex APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data, but can also dabble in frontend development if needed!. You will also be responsible for :
- Write server-side code to integrate third-party services (e.g. Google Cloud APIs, YouTube API, Auth0, Bitly).
- Create code to interact with relational and non-relational databases.
- Build unit and integration tests.
- Help with frontend tasks if needed.
- Analyze client data to find trends and exploitable areas to make campaigns extremely efficient.
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Understand our client's business.
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will also design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related areas. Practical experience or high-end bootcamp experience also works.
- Backend development experience (0-2 years).
- SQL experience (0-2 years).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration.
- Interest in and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Versatility to work in different areas of the development process (Front end, back end, data analysis)
- Exceptional speaking, written and communication skills in English. Minimum proficiency level B2.
- Experience with Python 3.6+.
- Knowledge of data science
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working remotely.
- Autonomy & Impact - They are a small 18-person company which means you’ll have a ton of responsibility from day 1. Your voice will be heard and matter!
- Complete Location Independence - Pick anywhere you want to work from within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones, as long as you have a fast, stable WiFi connection! A good office chair also helps!
- Work Schedule Flexibility
- Remote Office Compensation
- 32 Paid Vacation Days per Year
- Generous Parental Leave
- Study Time
- Yearly Retreat
- Tech Help
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Scale your user acquisition efforts with YouTube influencers