About Helium Health
Helium Health is a healthcare tech company set to be the backbone of healthcare in the region. The company was established in 2015 and currently prides itself as the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa.
With their highly innovative team, they solve the problems in the healthcare sector by providing digital solutions which are not only efficient, but highly intuitive and user-friendly – giving stakeholders clear roadmaps to achieve their individual objectives.
Helium Health’s mission is to accelerate the African continent’s transition to a data driven healthcare sector. The company promotes a culture which is flexible, relaxed, goal-oriented and passion-driven – aiming to attract individuals who are willing to roll-up their sleeves and drive major achievements.
As Controller, you will be tasked with supporting executive management in establishing and guiding functional departmental objectives that drive company-wide goals. An ideal candidate would have spent the greater part of the last 5 to 7 years providing high-level financial advisory while identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for matrix organizations.
- to lead the finance and accounting teams in building world class organisational finance strategies.
- to drive legal and international compliant reporting systems for investment, fundraising and negotiation use cases
- to support executive management in strategic business and financial decision making
- Providing and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Providing strategic recommendations to members of the executive management team.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Developing finance organisational strategies by contributing financial and accounting
information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing
functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring and confirming the financial condition by conducting audits and providing
information to external auditors
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new
legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial
reports; advising management on needed actions
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
- Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Effectively and clearly communicating potential risks in a timely manner.
- Ensuring full transparency over the financial performance of the company.
- 7+ years experience as a Financial controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field (MBA is a plus) from an accredited
college/university or related
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- You have a track record leveraging your thorough knowledge of international accounting principles and procedures in creating financial statements that drive c-suite decision making.
- You have experience being a key player in large finance teams building complex financial models that form the basis for million dollar negotiations.
- You have experience providing support as a direct subordinate to chief financial officers in complex organizations.
- You have experience coordinating auditing processes, ensuring accuracy of financial information, and implementing proper internal controls.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.