About Helium Health
Helium Health is a healthcare tech company set to be the backbone of healthcare in the region. The company was established in 2015 and currently prides itself as the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa.
With their highly innovative team, they solve the problems in the healthcare sector by providing digital solutions which are not only efficient, but highly intuitive and user-friendly – giving stakeholders clear roadmaps to achieve their individual objectives.
Helium Health’s mission is to accelerate the African continent’s transition to a data driven healthcare sector. The company promotes a culture which is flexible, relaxed, goal-oriented and passion-driven – aiming to attract individuals who are willing to roll-up their sleeves and drive major achievements.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will lead the human capital development and oversee all the human resource activities of Helium Health. You would, be responsible for advancing a dynamic and purpose-driven employee experience during an exciting time of growth and expansion, cultivating the company’s unique culture and values across different teams.
You would also be responsible for developing and executing the company’s people strategy as they fortify their growth in Nigeria and into other African markets. Additionally, you will ensure Helium’s organizational design, culture and talent management supports their mission.
- Ensure that Helium’s vision, culture and values are clearly communicated and can be easily understood by all employees, across all office locations, and is reflected and interwoven into all company processes, initiatives and interactions with staff, customers, investors, partners and the public.
- Design and implement clear job descriptions, job ladders and competitive incentive packages for all roles within each business line to optimise the company for operational excellence and profitability.
- Design and publish company wide policy documents that capture all office scenarios for employees as well as document SOPs across all business units/lines that are clear, standardised and can be easily followed.
- Design and implement an onboarding plan that integrates new employees into the vision, culture and values of the organisation as well as their respective roles at Helium such that they quickly grasp and imbibe our sense of purpose and get fully integrated into work.
- Build and optimise clear internal reporting metrics and framework for all business units required by line managers, top management or other relevant stakeholders.
- Set up a performance management and evaluation system with commensurate incentives and rewards that drive optimum employee performance to meet Heliums internal OKRs.
- Optimise current admin and operational processes to ensure that they are not a bottleneck to the company as it scales out into multiple business lines across multiple locations and regions.
- Implement an appropriate welfare program that ensure employees feel cared for and are motivated and delighted to work at Helium leading to optimal performance at work and low employee churn.
- Implement a robust employee training and leadership development program that invests deeply in continuously improving the knowledge and skills of all Helium staff at all levels.
- Leverage your ever increasing network and access to attract top talent both locally and globally for any role required by Helium within any of our business lines.
- Advise senior management and leaders of all business units on key organizational and people issues to pay attention to within their respective teams.
- Monitor and ensure that Helium maintains all applicable local and international legal, regulatory, ethical and social compliance requirements, rectifying any breaches and avoiding them from reoccurring.
- Ensure that Helium is an equal opportunity employer with an identity-blind, merit based decision-making process that allows for a diverse workforce and talent pool.
- Make Helium an all-round attractive organisation for top talent to work at both locally and globally.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Human Resource Management or a related field (Preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years of executive HR experience.
- Senior Human Resource Professional Certifications and affiliations.
- Fluency and breadth of experience across a variety of HR functions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing HR functions within a high growth organisation.
- A strong bias for action and “rolling up their sleeves” to get the job done.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partner with internal stakeholders to develop strategies and execute with excellence.
- Self-starter with strong management and leadership skills. Significant business acumen.
- Skilled in leading the selection, acquisition, launch, and integration of HR technology platforms to guide operational and strategic initiatives.
- Flexible, willing to travel, and engage with our employees at our various locations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and written skills.
- Very passionate about people and their development both personally and within a broader organisational context.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.